Holy Week Musical Meditations
posted on Friday, March 16, 2018
This year’s meditations survey the spiritual and theological influences of the music of J.S. Bach on three of the 19th century’s greatest composers. Mendelssohn, Brahms and Schumann were all fascinated by Bach, and many of the latter’s works provided compositional models for the three leading exponents of what became the Bach Revival after 1829. At 7 p.m., Benjamin Sheen (Monday, March 26) and Daniel Hyde (Tuesday, March 27) will reflect the emotional and religious journey of Holy Week in two programs. No tickets required; donation requested.
Other Music Resources on this Website
- Read about The Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys.
- Listen to webcasts of choral services.
- Concerts at Saint Thomas.
- Consider becoming a friend of music.
- Learn about our organs and organists.
- Get updates on the progress of the Miller-Scott Organ.