The new 100-stop instrument, to be named “The Irene D. and William R. Miller Chancel Organ in Honor of Dr. John Scott,” has been designed to support choir, congregation and repertoire in fair balance. Across the chancel from Goodhue’s famous 1913 case will be introduced a second case of complementary design, enriched with significant carvings from Dennis Collier Sr. and Jr. and housing the Great and Positive divisions. The remaining departments will be sited within the present case and chambers. The elaborately carved 1913 console cabinet will remain in its present location, its exterior conserved, and its interior fitted with new components. Select registers from the existing organ will be retained, re-fashioned to suit the new scheme.
Read more and see the specifications on Dobson’s site.
Read more about the project on this website.
Contribute to the Capital Campaign for the new organ.