On Christmas Eve, the annual BBC Radio broadcast of A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from King’s College Cambridge will include an Annunciation carol written by John Scott, Organist and Director of Music at Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue from 2004-2015. John died tragically in August of this year and this performance will be offered in his memory.
The King’s College Cambridge Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols was first broadcast in 1928 and, with the exception of 1930, has been broadcast annually ever since. It will be broadcast live on the BBC Radio 4 website, WQXR in New York, and American Public Media in other states at 10am (EST).
Other Media Resources on This Website
- Listen to John’s final organ recital at Saint Thomas Church.
- Live and on-demand webcasts will be available of Saint Thomas Church’s own Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols at 4pm on Christmas Eve.
- Dancing Day: Music for Christmas, John’s final recording with the Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, is available for purchase.
- Access Rector Emeritus Fr Andrew Mead’s homily from the Solemn Funeral Liturgy for John Scott held at Saint Thomas Church on Saturday, September 12.
- Access all of our available webcasts.
- Browse our online shop for other recordings by John and the Choir.