The Fall Choral Season Begins
posted on Tuesday, September 2, 2014
We are grateful that choral worship at Saint Thomas was sustained through the summer by eight visiting choirs on Sundays at 11am, the 2014 Girl Choristers' Course during the last week of July, and occassional appearances by our own Gentlemen of the Choir. Bravo and thank you! If you missed any of the summer services, consider listening to the summer webcasts, which will remain available through the early fall.
The fall choral season began Wednesday, September 3 and Thursday, September 4, with Choral Evensong both days at 5:30pm, sung by the Gentlemen of the Choir. The full Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys returned Sunday, September 7, singing at Choral Eucharist at 11am and Choral Evensong at 4pm. Beginning Tuesday, September 9, we begin a stretch of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Evensongs sung by the full choir. Please also note that the Junior Choristers return to singing at the Sunday 9am Sung Eucharist beginning September 14.
Check the choral worship calendar for exact dates and times for each upcoming service, as well as for service details, such as the music selections. We encourage everyone to worship with us when they are able. As always, that includes those who cannot be with us in the church building; webcasts of all choral services are available live and (shortly thereafter) on-demand.
You might also note that:
- Sunday organ recitals return September 7 at 6:15pm
- Sunday school and youth group gatherings begin again on September 7 at 10am
- A full schedule of theology classes begins in September
- Fr Turner's first Sunday as XIII Rector of Saint Thomas Church is September 14.
- Fr Turner's institution as XIII Rector is Tuesday, October 21 at 5:30pm
- The 2014-15 concert season begins Thursday, October 23