Pilgrims' Course 2019
Pilgrims' Course 2019
A systematic treatment of the essentials of the Christian faith, as received through the Catholic heritage of Anglicanism within the Episcopal Church.
Newcomers to Saint Thomas Church and those not yet members of the church are invited to our 'PILGRIMS' COURSE', which is a comprehensive introduction to the Christian faith, as received and understood by the Episcopal Church. For 2019, each evening will begin with a simple meal at 6:30pm and the class will run from 7-8pm. The sessions continue on most Tuesday evenings through May 7. Although the course is specifically designed for those who are considering confirmation or reception into the Episcopal Church, it is fitting for anyone who wishes to explore Christianity, or who wishes to be refreshed in their faith. Everyone is welcome.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - God the Father: Creation, the fall, and what it means to be “made in God’s image.”
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - God the Son: Incarnation, atonement, and glory.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - God the Holy Spirit: Being “fully alive” with the gifts of the Spirit.
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 - The Trinity: The Church Community reflects our belief in God as “Three in One."
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - The Holy Bible: “The Word of the Lord.”
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - The Christian Exodus – An introduction to Lent and Holy Week.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - The History of the Church 1: From house church to established religion.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - The History of the Church 2: Reformation, Anglicanism, and the Oxford Movement.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - An Introduction to the Sacramental Life of the Church: Baptism and Confirmation.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - “They recognized him in the breaking of the bread”: The Eucharist at the heart of our common life.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - When things go wrong: Confession and healing.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - Relationships: Marriage, commitment, and religious communities.
- April 30, 2019 - Mission and Ministry: Vocation, Ordination, and the mission of the Church.
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019 - Hope: Death, eternal life, Mary and the Communion of Saints.