Although Christmastide doesn’t officially begin until the evening of December 24, the celebration of Christmas blends into Advent throughout December as follows:
- Handel’s Messiah is performed by the Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys alongside New York Baroque Incorporated, soprano Sherazade Panthaki, mezzo-soprano Roger Isaacs, tenor Rufus Müller and bass Jonathan Woosy on December 10 and December 12 at 7:30pm. These are ticketed concerts.
- Four different services of Lessons and Carols.
- Britten’s Ceremony of Carols is performed by the choristers of Saint Thomas on December 13 at 5:30pm. This is a ticketed event.
- The Blessing of the Crèche (a service for children and their families)
- The Solemn Eucharist of the Nativity is on Christmas Eve at 11pm (Midnight Mass) and Christmas Day at 11am
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Please join us for A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on Christmas Eve at 4pm, and for the Solemn Eucharist of the Nativity on Christmas Eve at 11pm (Midnight Mass) or Christmas Day at 11am.
Please be aware that the church will likely be full to capacity for both services on Christmas Eve. All three services are sung by the Saint Thomas Choir of Men & Boys. And all three services, as well as all the choral services throughout the season, will be webcast live, and available on demand for many weeks following. So whether you are with us in person, or via webcast, you are most welcome to take part.
O come, let us adore him.