Complete Bach Organ Series 2016-2017 - Music for EasterAdd to My Calendar
Sunday, March 27, 2016
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Saint Thomas Church
This hour-long recital precedes Evensong on Easter Sunday and is part our our ongoing Complete Bach Organ recital series. These recitals are perfromed on our gallery organ. This recital will be played by Stephen Buzard, Acting Organist at Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue.
Admission to this recital is free, but a free-will offering will be taken to benefit the Miller-Scott Organ Fund.
The Complete Bach Organ Recital Series
Before his untimely passing in August of 2015, John Scott often spoke of his desire to perform a cycle of the complete organ works of J.S. Bach on the gallery organ at Saint Thomas Church, Fifth Avenue. As a tribute to their mentor and to celebrate the completion of the Taylor and Boody organ, Stephen Buzard and Benjamin Sheen are undertaking this project in a monthly recital series.
- Prelude and Fugue in C Major, BWV 547
- Easter chorales from the Orgelbüchlein
- Christ lag in Todesbanden, BWV 625
- Jesus Christus, unser Heiland, der den Tod überwand, BWV 626
- Christ ist erstanden, BWV 627
- Erstanden ist der heilge Christ, BWV 628
- Erschienen ist der herrliche Tag, BWV 629
- Heut triumphieret Gottes Sohn, BWV 630
- Concerto in G Major, BWV 592
- Miscellaneous Easter chorales
- Christ lag in Todesbanden, BWV 718
- Christ lag in Todesbanden, BWV 719
- Jesus, meine Zuversicht, BWV 728 2 mins
- Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g’mein, BWV 734
- Toccata, Adagio, and Fugue in C Major, BWV 564